Robert from Big Forest suggested I build the bike up fully and ride it before sending the frame for painting. Just to check alignment again and that we hadn’t forgotten any important braze-ons.
In late January I threw on some old and / or cheap components just for test purposes. But with all the snow on the ground I couldn’t get to ride it outside until last week.
I’m in the UK now but next week I’ll send it for painting at Gutenbiken. No photos yet but there's a glimpse of the bike on the video above and here. I'll shoot a full gallery when the build is complete.
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 5800 11 Speed Short Cage
- Chain: Shimano 105 5800 11 Speed
- Cassette: Shimano 105 5800 11 speed 11-28
- Brake Calipers: Shimano 105 5800
- Chainset: Shimano 105 5700 175mm
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-R60 Hollowtech
- Chainring: Wolf Tooth Narrow Wide 52T
- Pedals: Shimano Ultegra 6800 (with extra 4mm)
- Seatpost: Thomson Elite Inline
- Seat Clamp Bolt: ?
- Saddle: Fizik Arione
- Bottle Cages: Elite Ciusi
- Behind Saddle Bottle Holder: Tacx
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 Series Low Stack
- Forks: Condor Pioggia
- Stem: Deda Zero 100 Team Track Stem 110mm
- Base Bars: Deda Chrononero Team
- Clip-Ons: Profile T2+
- Right Gear Shifter: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 Bar End 11 Speed
- Bar Tape: Deda
- Brake Levers: Tektro TL720 Aero
In 2015 I took a 2 day Cytec wheel building course with ATG in King's Cross. Since then I've built about half a dozen wheels for my own use.
For this bike I'll be using DT Swiss RR 511 rims on Shimano 105 FH-5800 11 speed hubs with 32 DT Swiss Competiton Double Butted spokes.