We've just sold our apartment in Strasbourg. We're renting a house in Munich at the moment. It's a great place. Near to work and on the edge of town for a quick escape.
There's also shops, bars, restaurants, parks and a pool. It's in a safe cul-de-sac where loads of kids can be found playing on fine days. Unfortunately, it's really pricey.
If we decide to stick around in Germany, we'll be looking to buy a place in the next few years. Maybe slightly further out of town but still on the S-Bahn.
I currently have quite a big bike workshop and turbo slash lifting area in the basement. However, when we move I want to have a much bigger, garage or barn style place.
Here are my ideas that I want to include. The Ben Hoffman video shows the sort of space I'm looking for. Tweet me if you find other videos or photos with ideas.
I might also sketch something out and add it to this post tomorrow.
- 15m x 10m or bigger.
- Large sliding or open out style doors on two sides.
- Workbench with a wheel building station.
- Frame building area.
- A bar with bar stools. TV.
- Outside patio with German beer table and benches.
- Olympic weightlifting platform.
- Pull up structure and area for kettlebells.
- Soft floor area for tumbling.
- Ropes from beams for climbing.
- Bouldering wall.
- Outside bike skills and ramps area.
- Space to tow a tyre.
- Canoe storage.
- Woodwork area with machinery that can be wheeled outside.
- IT and sewing desks.
- Room for 4 or 5 turbo trainers permanently set-up.
- General storage bin area.